WHAT IS PRAYER?
Prayer is, most simply, talking to God.
Just the simple way you speak to a friend or family member is fine for praying to God.
All that God looks for from any person is just a desire to communicate, a desire to find forgiveness, and a desire to live a life of faith in God.
You can pray without using any special language or terms. No "thee" and "thou" needed.
Just honest sincerity.
THE LORD'S PRAYER
(A model prayer of Jesus used to teach his disciples)
- Our Father in heaven,
- hallowed be your name.
- Your kingdom come,
- your will be done, on earth, as it is in heaven.
- Give us this day our daily bread,
- and forgive us our debts,
- as we also have forgiven our debtors.
- And lead us not into temptation,
- but deliver us from evil.
Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner, and I ask for Your forgiveness. I believe You died for my sins and rose from the dead. I turn from my sins and invite You to come into my heart and life. I want to trust and follow You as my Lord and Savior. In Your Name. Amen.